I wish someone told me…This week’s writing prompt from Mama Kat has me considering what I might change had someone told me. I didn’t take the easy road as I am always up for a mental challenge.
me, but different
Would I be transformed had someone told me what I lack? More likely I would have told the person to politely (or with swear words, which incidentally is my method of choice) to go away?
Even if the person was right, it probably wouldn’t have made a difference unless I learned it for myself. Outwardly I seem reasonable and confident, but on the inside I can be insecure.
However, there are things I definitely wish someone told me. I feel a list coming! insert dramatic music here Woot!!
yay! a list of things I wish someone told me…
- I had toilet paper stuck to my shoe. I mean really? Am I the only one who has gone to the bathroom only to trail toilet paper behind me? Be a good neighbor and let me know.
- my skirt was stuck in my panties or pantyhose. Similar in nature to the toilet paper thing, I have also worn a skirt and got the hem of it caught in my panties. Thank goodness I work out!
- my tag was showing. I see a pattern emerging. I must not pay great attention to when I get dressed. Whenever I see a person strolling with her tag sticking out of her top, I always ask her to turn around and let me fix it.
- I just stepped in poop. OK. This one has only happened a couple of times, but it was really disgusting when I smeared dog poo on the carpet.
- my fly was down. Once I walked around all day with my fly down and panties showing. I’m not sure if the zipper was broken or if I simply forgot to zip up.
- my dress or coat is hanging out of the car door while I’m driving. What an awful way to ruin clothes.
- I had lipstick on my teeth. Especially red lipstick. Makes me look like a vampire that just finished feeding. I know the whole stick your thumb in your mouth thing, but sometimes I am in a hurry and forget.
- I hurt someone’s feelings. I am very sensitive and empathetic, yet sometimes I say/do the wrong thing. Rather than letting your anger boil and fester, tell me so I won’t do it again.
- things wouldn’t get easier as I got older. Well, lots of things actually are easier for me because I don’t care about embarrassing myself in the process. Love and heartache never get easier to process.
- I am loved. Maybe this one could go in the same catagory as #9. Don’t waste your life and mine by never letting me know. Just because you do, doesn’t mean I know it.
don’t tell me
As far as feedback goes, I am good with it. It is far better to be aware than continue on an incorrect path. Please don’t let it stop with a complaint but show me how to improve.
I am always growing, evolving and learning. Holding my hand isn’t necessary (especially if you have sweaty palms). For more effective results, lead me by example.
What do you wish someone told you? Please share your wishes, thoughts and stories. Like me, do you have numerous problems getting dressed properly? I didn’t even mention toothpaste in the corner of my mouth or deodorant stains on my top. I could go on for days…